Do you have Drainage problems?
Have you noticed any of the following on your property:
- Puddling in the Yard & Landscape
- Wet & Soggy areas by the Sidewalk or Walkways
- Soil runoff & Erosion Development
Drainage Problems can be very damaging to your property. They can cause wet basements and mold. In addition, it can also cause lawn and plants to suffer from fungal disease and rot.
While many people notice a drainage issue when there is a huge puddle in the yard that is not the only indicator. Other indicators are a wet basement, loss of grass and washed out areas. The damage from these problems can be extremely expensive. However, solving the problem will not only save you headaches it will also save you money.
There are many ways to solve drainage issues. It may be as simple as a downspout extension or as creative as a retaining wall. Below you will find some simple definitions of drainage solutions.
- Down Spout Extension: An extension installed on your down spout to divert water further away from the foundation of the house.
- Retaining Wall: A structure designed and constructed to hold back soils when there is a desired change in ground elevation.
- Grading: To implement a slightly tilted/sloped in a certain direction that faces a natural geographic slope, as it facilitates the natural out flow of water.
- Dry Well: An underground structure that disposes of unwanted water, most commonly stormwater runoff, by dissipating it into the ground, where it merges with the local groundwater
If you see any sign of drainage problems call Premium Lawn & Landscape for a free estimate.<